Information for the next cycle of Lifetime Achievement Awards will be posted soon.
Nominations for 2016 are now closed.
For a listing of past honorees, please visit the following link.
Rules and Procedures
The ITEA LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS
The Lifetime Achievement Awards were established by the Executive Committee of the Tubists Universal Brotherhood Association (now the International Tuba/Euphonium Association) in 1991 as a way to honor those individuals who have made exceptional achievement in and/or service to the euphonium and tuba profession and the advancement of our instruments in the music world. Every two years, the Executive Committee and Board of Directors select awardees from among five categories: performance, pedagogy, industry, composition, and scholarship. Deserving individuals who do not fit into one of these categories may be considered from time to time upon written request by any member of ITEA with accompanying documentation as outlined below. Posthumous awards may be made as deemed appropriate by the Board of Directors and without the normal nomination process.
1) Eligibility: Persons nominated for the Lifetime Achievement Award will have demonstrated a career-long record of significant contributions to their part of the music profession or music industry. A maximum of one (1) tubist and one (1) euphoniumist may be selected from the areas of performance, scholarship and/ or education. There will be a maximum of one (1) selection from the area of music industry or composition.
2) Nomination and awards procedure:
a) The nomination period begins immediately and will close on January 1, 2016.
b) Nominations should include the following documentation, all Nominations should include the following documentation, all to be submitted electronically in a common and recognized digital format:
1. a vita documenting the professional accomplishments of the nominee.
2. a letter of nomination from the principal nominator (who must be a member of ITEA).
3. three supporting letters to be solicited by the principal nominator.
4. any additional supporting materials the nominator wishes to submit.
a) all nominations will be submitted to Marty Erickson at email@example.com.
b) nomination materials will be distributed
by the President to the entire Executive Committee and Board of Directors for review.
c) Ballots will be cast in each category within one month of the closure of nominations with the nominees receiving the majority of votes receiving the award.
d) The awards will be presented at ITEC as part of the awards ceremony.
e) Nominees who do not receive the award
will automatically be continued into the succeeding two nomination rounds (four years) unless the nomination is withdrawn by the nominator in written communication to the President of ITEA.
3) Amendment to Guidelines:
These guidelines will be reviewed by the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors of ITEA every two years with possibility of amendment/alteration to be effective during the succeeding biennium.